Wednesday 31 July 2013

The top story on Italian news agency Corriere Dello Sport’s website on Wednesday morning is that Manchester United have offered €30m for Juventus’ Claudio Marchisio.
The Italians believe that the Juventus midfielder is now Man United’s prime target in the transfer window, while Luka Modric is also of interest if the Italian cannot be prised from Turin.
Whilst the transfer story (naturally) carries no quotes, Corriere Dello Sport stress that Man United’s interest “is not trivial gossip, but the whisper of an anonymous source close to David Moyes.”
Earlier in the summer Marchisio, who was came through the youth system at Juventus, discussed the possibility of moving to Old Trafford, saying:
I’ve heard that I might not be so valuable to Juve any more. I’ve not been told anything by the club or received any offers and I need to speak to Juve to see if I am still an important player for them. 
If that’s not the case, it will be normal to look at other teams. It is not only down to me – it has to be the club as well. So far, I do not know, but if I get offers from Manchester United, or Monaco, I would be very proud.
The 27-year-old, who can play in several positions in midfield, has registered 174 appearances for Juventus, scoring 25 goals.
Marchisio has also played 38 times for Italy, scoring twice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis