Wednesday 7 August 2013

Kevin Strootman says boss Rudi Garcia was a major factor in why he decided to leave PSV for Roma this summer.
The 23-year-old joined the Giallorossi last month after a fee of around €19m was agreed between the two clubs.
“I didn’t really know the Coach, but he is one of the reasons why I am here,” the midfielder told the Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I spoke to him on a couple of occasions before I joined and I liked him. He filled me with enthusiasm by telling me how he wanted me to play.
“We are giving our maximum for him and I want to help him. I hope to become a leader at this club.”
The 23-year-old also got the opinion of a few international colleagues before heading to the Stadio Olimpico.
“No side seriously came forward for me apart from Roma,” he added. “I also asked [former Milan midfielder] Mark Van Bommel and [ex-Roma ‘keeper] Maarten Stekelenburg for information.
“I’m happy to be here and I like the project at this club.
“I know that the last two seasons have not gone well, but I can’t wait to get started. We already had a strong squad, but now Maicon, Benatia and Gervinho have joined me here too.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis