Monday 20 May 2013


Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri has confirmed he will be leaving his position after leading the club to second place in Serie A this season.

Mazzarri's final game at the helm proved to be Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Roma and he has been strongly linked with taking charge at Stadio Olimpico in the summer.
Though Mazzarri declined to speculate on where he will be going, he has decided it is time for a change after four years at Napoli.
"My future won't be here," Mazzarri told Sky Italia after the defeat at Roma. "I want to thank all those who have been close to me in these last four years.
"I've closed my cycle here.
"I thought of having a lot of respect to have avoided announcing this earlier. I tried to get Napoli as high as possible and, if I would have spoken before, there probably would have been problems.
"I thank president [Aurelio] De Laurentiis for trying to change my mind and thanks to everyone who has helped us to have a sensational season.
"At this point, I think it's right changing, or having a rest. If I have offers, I will evaluate them. If I have the right stimulus, I'll go, otherwise I'll have a rest.
"There aren't any problems with Napoli. Out of respect for Napoli, I have never wanted to talk with others until now. From tomorrow, I'll evaluate my future."
Rafa Benitez, who took charge of his final match as interim Chelsea manager on Sunday, has been mooted as a contender to replace Mazzarri at Napoli.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis