Wednesday 15 May 2013


Bayern Munich boss Jupp Heynckes has indicated he will retire from coaching at the end of the season.

The 68-year-old will make way at the Allianz Arena for Pep Guardiola in the summer and has stated that Saturday's match at Borussia Munchengladbach will be his last in the Bundesliga.
It will be followed by the Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund at Wembley and the DFB-Pokal final against Stuttgart as Heynckes, who said he was no longer interested in coaching abroad, looks to sign off with a treble.
"For me it will not be an easy game on Saturday, not a normal game," he said.
"It will be my last Bundesliga game as coach. I grew up in Monchengladbach. It is a good game to prepare for Wembley."
Heynckes has also coached in Spain with Real Madrid, Athletic Bilbao and Tenerife and in Portugal with Benfica.
He added: "If I was 10 or 15 years younger I would think again about abroad. But I have to bear in mind that I am no longer the youngest."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis